Thursday, March 20, 2014

My 'Divergent' Experience!

If you haven't read my last post, I reviewed the movie 'Divergent'. However, I saw it a little earlier than most people.

I found out a week before, about the 'Divergent' press tour in Chicago. I tried to get tickets, but it was already sold out. Although it was sold out, I fortunately discovered that the red carpet part of the event was FREE. I asked a friend of mine if he wanted to go, but two days before the actual event, he tore something in his ankle. Long story short, I had to ask my sister to tag along with me.

The day of the event, Ansel Elgort (who plays Caleb Prior in the movie) tweeted that he was going to give away two tickets to the movie screening if [people who didn't have tickets] made a sign that read, 'I am Factionless! Need tickets!'. Well, I read that tweet while I was in school and made a sign during my French class.
This is the sign. I put a picture of Ansel on it at the last minute.

I was at the movie theater and my sister and I waited for three and a half hours until it actually started. Ansel Elgort walked out and finally gave out the tickets... to the girl standing next to me. I felt so bad, but then, HE CAME BACK! He gave away 2 more tickets... to the girl BEHIND me. At this point, I had given up. It wasn't until my sister excused herself to get food when he returned to the "Factionless" area when he looked me directly in the eyes and asked, "How many do you need?". I was so frantic and happy and yelled, "Two please!". After he reached over to hand me the tickets, I freaked out and ran to find my sister.
The two tickets Ansel gave me

After finding my sister, I went onto the lower floor (I was on a balcony) and tried to get closer to the other actors. As Ansel took a picture with some people who made him a cookie cake (yes, I was right behind them), I asked him if I could get a picture with him and he said, looking at my digital camera, "Don't know how we're gonna do this, buuuut" and shrunk down a bit and held my camera out to take a picture of us.
Not the best picture, since there's a bunch of people photobombing it (haha the blue haired girl)

So basically before this time and afterwards, I got everyone's autograph, except for Ansel's, but it's okay (I mean, look at that picture). My sister and I got to watch the movie and well, you'll have to read my review to see what I thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment